Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Years, New Life

I have never been one to make a New Years resolution. I don't wait til Jan 1 to start doing something, I do it right away. This year, however, I am going to make a resolution: don't try so freaking hard. Last semester, I pretty much searched for a boyfriend. I guess I "saw" someone for a few weeks but he was a liar and that hurt. I'm over it now and I'm ready to just enjoy life.

Everyone says that you can never find someone if you are on the prowl so I'm just not going to look anymore. If something stumbles along, that's awesome. If not, there are plenty of other things to focus on. I am going to keep getting good grades (shooting for at least a 3.8 this semester) and I really need an internship over the summer.

I was talking to a friend yesterday and we both decided that we would be each others wingman. I don't really want him to find me random guys at parties or bars but it'll just be nice having that close gay friend that I've been lacking thus far. Needless to say, I'm excited for 2011 and the surprises it will bring.

Check this out. Some of the best dunks I have ever seen:
Basketball dunks

Nick

2 comments:

  1. I love the New Years Resolution - mine is really similar. You're lucky to have a wingman though, I'm still looking for mine haha. Enjoy New Years, and start it off right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the resolution to get into a relationship over the year...and sad to say that didn't really pan out well, lol. I still fulfilled some other resolutions though.

    I disagree though, that one should stop prowling for a guy. It's when we don't do anything to change our circumstance that truly maintains our predicament because, quite frankly, the reason why I didn't fufill my resolution was that I didn't do anything substantial about it.

    ReplyDelete