Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hollywood and the Gay Scene

This will be a quick post (I have to be awake in 6 hours) but I just got back from a bar in Hollywood. I don't really go out to the big name bars that often, like 3 times, but every time I have it's definitely been interesting. Tonight, was my first time seeing the "gay drug scene." Because I have to get up early tomorrow and work, I didn't really drink that much and to my surprise, nobody else at the bar was drinking that much either, even though there was an open vodka bar. I soon realized, however, that everybody was on some kind of drug. Now I knew before that drugs were very prevalent in the gay scene, I had just never witnessed it before. I promise that I don't judge but I think it's sad when people have to do drugs just to have a good time.

Am I a prude for wanting a guy that doesn't do drugs and isn't a man-whore? That's seeming to be quite a difficult task in the City of Angels.

Nick

3 comments:

  1. No. You're not weird, you're not a prude. I too hate being around the drug scene and I don't try to sleep with every dude that comes down the road. I don't even like being around drunks to tell you the truth, but that seems to be a part of college life. I'm a light drinker too mostly because I don't like the feeling that I've lost control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If wanting a "clean," non-slutty guy makes you a prude, then you're in good company. I go so far as to prefer a non-smokers.

    -Rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Banisterferrars: I don't love when people are obliterated either. I like being buzzed. I'm not a fan of losing control either

    Prince: I don't think I could ever date a smoker. It's just the smell that makes me sick

    ReplyDelete