Sunday, February 6, 2011

Mini vacations

Sorry for the long break between posts, I've been so insanely busy lately but this weekend I went up to Santa Barbara for a retreat. We "camped" in cabins and trained and had a blast. It's so easy to forget just how beautiful southern California really is by living in the city. Once you leave the city, however, this place is absolutely gorgeous. Driving up the Pacific Coast is awe inspiring and was the perfect start to my Sunday. Of course today is Super Bowl sunday so that'll begin in a few hours (with delicious mexican food) and I also need to do some painting and reading today.

Besides school/work, absolutely nothing has been going on in my life lately, which is actually so nice. I feel like I'm always reaching for things that I want but don't necessarily need. I haven't been chasing my wants lately, focusing on my needs and I can definitely tell it's a much better way of life. My grades are rockin, work/internship going smoothly and I'm just enjoying life. I recommend trying it sometime.

Hello by Martin Solveig

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment