Sunday, February 13, 2011

Things I Love

As I've mentioned, I don't have a valentines date this year but I'm all for that. So this post isn't about romantic love but rather 10 things I love. I'm a very random person, for the better or worse, so my interests range drastically but every one of them makes life that much better. So here it goes...


  1. Food: I mean was there any doubt that food wouldn't be number 1? haha but it's much more than just the taste or being full. It's the memories that come with it and how comforting eating can be. I'm definitely a stressed-out eater. Whenever I'm not doing so well I turn to my kitchen. Something about cooking and then eating chills me out and helps me focus on the good.
  2. Family and friends: Some people will differentiate between family and friends but, for me, they are one in the same. I love my family. We fight and annoy each other but at the end of the day, they are always there for me and are so supportive. I have never and will never meet someone that works as hard as my mom has her whole life. Yeah it may seem like my life is pretty good but it's all because of my mom. Same goes for my friends. I can talk to them about anything and we always have a good time. Both at home and at school, my friends are pretty much amazing.
  3. Music: It can put me in any mood that I want and really can help regulate my thinking. The beats, lyrics and vibe all work so well together and always seem to be exactly what I need. Nothing is better than going to a live show and really feeling the music flow through you. I am always down for a watching live music especially amateurs. 
  4. Sleeping in a cold room with warm blankets: Pretty much explains itself. I don't know why but I love it. I love to cuddle just not when I'm sleeping haha I'm more of a fall-asleep-and-wake-up-cuddling-but-leave-me-alone-while-I-sleep kind of guy. I also ALWAYS have to sleep with two pillows. It's a must or I can't get to sleep.
  5. Dogs: Love 'em. Simple as that
  6. Passionate and motivated guys: Yes I do want to be physically attracted to a guy but I'm more into personality. I love it when a guy's smile will light up a room because he's talking about something he is truly passionate about. So attractive
  7. Competition: If you've ever met me, you know I'm very competitive. Sometimes it gets a little too much but it's what drives us. That's why I like sports so much. Athletes need to win and that drive is so intoxicating to watch and play. We compete in school, work, friends, love and everything in life. It's essential 
  8. Learning: Yeah doing homework pretty much sucks but what you learn from it is very much worth it. I love reading books and newspapers. listening to professionals and learning about something yourself. It's so fascinating and a lifelong passion of mine.
  9. Writing with fancy pens: It's on my facebook and thus it's important haha I have about 30 pens and I am very particular about which ones I use for certain situations. Yes it's weird but I'm a neat freak when it comes to handwriting plus everyone says my writing looks like computer print.
  10. Nature: Camping, hiking, swimming, snowboarding and every other outdoor activity, I love. The world is so beautiful but we tend to forget to go outside and enjoy it sometimes. If I can't be outside, I tend to be looking at pictures of nature or researching the outdoors. Laying outside at night and looking at the stars (impossible in LA) is one of the most magnificent things in the world I must say. 
I could go on but I'll stop there for now. I really do hope that everyone has a great Valentine's Day tomorrow even if you don't have a date! 

Nick

3 comments:

  1. This is a good idea. :) I should do it as well since I don't have a valentine this year either. We can be each other's honorary valentine. ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheesh! I sure wish we didn't live on opposite sides of the freakin' continent! My writing instrument hang-up happens to be with mechanical pencils. But then, I'm an engineering major.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Konrad: I know this is late but I'd be delighted to be your post-valentine honorary valentine haha

    Banister: Yeah my engineering friends like pencils but I looooove pens

    ReplyDelete