Sunday, July 18, 2010

Friends

Yesterday I went down to Newport Beach with my friend and her classmates. We had a blast and it was a perfect day. The weather was gorgeous, the surf was good and the food was incredible. But while I was driving back I couldn't help to think, what if I had more gay friends? I mean I'm pretty open with my friends and we are all very, very close but I don't really have any gay friends I can relate to. I don't know why but recently I've been watching Queer as Folk and it's made me realize that pretty much all my friends are straight, well at least my good friends. I have friends that I see at parties and around campus but non that are close and I can just hang out with. Is it possible to have my best straight friends and make new gay friends? Sometimes I have to wonder if the two groups could interact together in the same way that I interact with each separately.

On a side note, I've been having the same type of dream for a few days now. It's weird cause I never remember my dreams but I can remember most of my dreams that have happened the past couple of days. More on that later haha

Sunday Best by Ausgustana

What a good song for a lazy Sunday haha I like all of their stuff so you should check them out!

Nick

2 comments:

  1. weird, cuz I was just thinking about the same thing yesterday. I have no gay friends around town that I could just call up to hang out haha. To put it in perspective, imagine a straight friend totally surrounded by gay people. Sounds strange, almost unnatural.

    My friends who I just came out to said they're willing to be there for me and talk about stuff, but in reality they can't because they just don't know anything about it, can't relate. So yea, where do we get these gay friends? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taylor - I completely agree. I love my friends and they are cool with me being gay, but they still can't relate however hard they try. Nice blog by the way

    ReplyDelete