Sunday, November 21, 2010

Updates

Sorry it's been a few days. This week was busy busy. Not much has happened lately (besides Harry Potter of course!) but lots of school and working. It seems that all my free time is spent with friends. I haven't really just been alone all week so tonight I'm going to just relax and write a paper. Not fun but I'll just put on my music and get a good start on it. I'm writing on the myths and conventions of the horror genre in cinema, pretty interesting.

I officially feel like I'm ten years older than I am. On Friday, after cleaning a fat, slimy turkey, my friend and I went to sleep at 11:30pm, we fell asleep mid kiss haha I guess staying up til 4am watching Harry Potter on Thursday really made us tired. Then on Saturday I woke up at 6am to cook the turkey. As a work staff, we cooked 12 turkeys for over 150 kids and played games with them all afternoon. It was SO much fun! They were absolutely adorable. After that I drank a few beers and watched some football then went to some bars with a different friend. He drank a little too much (and by little I mean quite a lot haha) so I drove him home. As I walked to my apartment, my guy arrived at the same time so we drank a bit then went to my friends place, the infamous HSOOZ. After a few hours of drinking and hanging out, the two of us headed back to my place. Today was by far the roughest day of the week. I had to wake up at 6am for work and worked til 3. I stood outside all day and it was freaking cold! I got complimented on what I was wearing quite a lot though so I was content haha I felt like I was married when I left for work this morning, I was all dressed up in my shirt and tie and I leaned over and kissed my guy and said goodbye. It was very cliche and I had a good laugh as I biked to work but it was actually pretty nice.

Well I should start my research but here are a few songs for my lack of posts this week:

Dog Days are Over by Florence + the Machine
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da by The Beatles
Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) by Arcade Fire
Animal (Kaskade Remix) by Neon Trees

Nick

3 comments: