Monday, April 11, 2011

GLAAD Awards

2 of my designs for class. The blue is layered squares and is much cooler in person

Yesterday I got to attend the GLAAD Media Awards here in LA and it was actually really awesome. I helped set up the auction stuff and helped run the Live Auction during the show. Out of the 5 prizes auctioned 2 of the winners were mine and they donated $24,000! I was happy haha Besides that I watched the red carpet (it was actually blue carpet) and people watched. I'm not really that into celebrities but it was cool to see them and how everyone went crazy when certain actors/actresses came into the room.

The tickets to the show are pretty expensive and I imagine the crowd to be full of older, wealthy gays and lesbians but I was so wrong. The crowd was actually pretty damn hot! On the red carpet I was half watching the celebs and half watching all the "normal" guys in the room. I felt weird just standing alone but I didn't really care which is totally not me usually I am with friends. Overall it was a really good experience. I met people who worked in the advertising industry and networked a bit and for one Sunday afternoon, I feel like I was a successful working guy having a great time.

Nick

P.S. For my design class I have to redesign the album cover of any band. If you have any suggestions of albums that you don't think reflect the tone of the musician or album I'd love to hear! 

No comments:

Post a Comment